My friend Dana, who runs a site called dragynally.com, was lucky enough to get a preview of the new Disney® film Wreck-it Ralph, and she shared her thoughts on the film with me.
- Wreck-It Ralph is a great family movie! If I had to give it a PG rating I’d say PG-7, but I think all ages will enjoy it. There were some jokes that were a little off-color but nothing bad and most of it would go over a little kid’s head.
- If you love video games you will laugh even harder! There are some great classic video game cameos and the games that were created for the movie are a nod to games like Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Call of Duty.
- If you like candy, Sugar Rush will make you laugh hysterically! A big chunk of the movie is spent in the land of the Sugar Rush game. And there are puns. Lot’s of them. Every candy or sweet snack you can think of makes a guest appearance.
- The previews did not ruin this movie. You know how most movies have previews that tell you the whole story? Wreck-It Ralph’s previews barely tell you half the story. There is so so much more!
- The theme of the movie is accepting yourself. I think we can all embrace that.
- Ralph may be the main character, but this is the story of several characters. Vanellope, Felix, and Sgt. Calhoun all have a story to tell.
- The voice acting is great! they did a good job with the cast and every voice sounds true to the part. My personal favorite being Sgt. Calhoun and Felix.
- Wreck-It Ralph has a story for everyone. It’s action adventure, love, buddy comedy and so so much more! One reader asked if it was skewed more for guys or dolls… I said “yes”. It is an incredible balance of tough and gentle, sweet and kick butt. In fact some of the tougher elements come from female characters.
- The story of Wreck-It Ralph is incredible touching. I am not afraid to tell you I was almost in tear at the end. Happy tears. It was a feel good movie if there ever was one. You feel really good for watching it and the themes and messages are awesome.