There is going to be some planned maintenance that will soon affect daily operations of the Walt Disney World® Monorail System. Beginning January 21 through late March, monorail service will be suspended on the Magic Kingdom® Express and Resort Monorail lines Monday through Friday during the non-peak hours of 11:30 am – 7:00 pm.
This means that guests will be unable to access the following destinations via Monorail during these hours:
- Magic Kingdom® Park
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC)
The Epcot® branch, which runs between the Transportation and Ticket Center and Epcot®, will operate regularly during this time.
To accommodate guests impacted by project, additional boats and buses will be used to transport guests to their destinations. And remember, if you need to travel between Magic Kingdom® Park and Disney’s Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower there is a pedestrian walkway that connects the two – that will probably be your quickest alternative.