Walt Disney World claims to have lots of best kept secrets, but here is one that actually lives up to that claim! “Characterpalooza” is an unadvertised Character Greeting session that occurs almost daily at Disney’s Hollywood Studio’s on the Streets of America! It used to occur inside the Art of Animation building, but the recently moved it so the characters can roam around and greet guests!!
Who will you see? Well that is the surprise! Not even Cast Members can tell you who is going to make an appearance!
The timing and number of Characters depends on the following show times for Fantasmic that evening:
- If Fantasmic isn’t scheduled, Characters will appear from 4:50 to 6:50 PM.
- If the first Fantasmic begins before 7:30 PM, then Characterpalooza will not occur since the Characters will be getting ready for Fantasmic.
- If the first Fantasmic begins at 7:30 PM, Characters will only appear between 4:50 and 5:10 PM.
- If the first Fantasmic begins at 8:00 or 8:30 PM, Characters will appear from 4:50 to 5:50 PM.
- If the first Fantasmic begins at 9:00 PM, Characters will appear from 4:50 to 6:30 PM.
Last time we were there we saw Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Genie, Jafar, Snow White, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, Mary Poppins and her penguins, and The Wicked Queen (from Snow White). The Little Einsteins were also there! We are really big on getting Character signatures, so any chance to catch a rare one is a treat. If you feel the same way, I would definitely recommend scheduling some time in the Streets of America!
Get tips like these and more when you book your Disney vacation with me. Request a free no-obligation quote today and let me help you plan a character-filled Disney getaway!
Many thanks to wdwhints.com for providing research material for this article. You can read their article on Characterpalooza here! Kenny the Pirate is also an excellent reference for the most up to date information on Characterpalooza!!