Disney Parks have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you in 2013! As announced this morning, “Limited Time Magic” features some extra magical experiences, with some Pixie Dust sprinkled in for good measure! These special events will be occurring about both the Disneyland® Resort and the Walt Disney World® Resort, where they will suddenly appear, and then disappear almost as quickly. The magic ranges from Park-wide events, to special culinary treats, to limited edition merchandise, to special moments of surprise and delight, and it all begins in January of 2013!
So, what can you expect with to see with “Limited Time Magic” at Disney Parks? Here’s an idea:
- True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet Park Guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and Guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opportunities with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight your Clients. And Disney Guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
- Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, soDisneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar, and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland Park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
I can’t decide which event I am more excited about – Pirate Week, Long Lost Friends Week, or Unleash the Villains. And I LOVE spending the 4th of July at Walt Disney World®, so a whole week of patriotic event is going to be awesome!! I may just have to move to Walt Disney World® to take advantage of all of these amazing events!! Which one are you looking forward to the most?